Packing is often times very stressful, so we created this short list of basic items that will help you get started & hopefully alleviate some of the stress when packing.
Reviewing your itinerary carefully & checking the weather regularly will also help you decide what to pack.
KEEP ON YOU AT ALL TIMES
- Photo ID (If you have one)
- Extra eye glasses or contact lenses
- Spending money
- Always wear comfortable walking shoes
- Trip Itinerary (You will want to refer to this throughout the trip.)
FOR YOUR CARRY ON LUGGAGE
- Extra prescriptions in case you lose your medication
- Travel size dental and personal hygiene products
- A change of clothes
- Reading material
- Pen, pencil and notepad
- Snacks, chewing gum
IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE
- Performance attire (if applicable)
- Hair dryer
- Travel size toiletries (in a zip-lock bag)
- Socks - hosiery
- Clothing for each day of the trip
- Miscellaneous: Nail file, band-aids, safety pins, sewing kit, etc.
- Rain hat & umbrella
- Swimwear & cover-up (if applicable)
- Sweater, Lightweight coat or jacket
DON’T FORGET TO TAG YOUR BAGS
- Tag your suitcase & carry-on bags with YOUR name, phone number & mailing address.
- Pack light - you are responsible for carrying your own luggage.
- A good rule to keep in mind when packing: When in doubt, leave it out.